Band Camp Information
BAND CAMP SHOWCASE/POTLUCK/MANDATORY PARENT MEETING:
Please mark your calendar for the Showcase and mandatory parent meeting to be held Thursday, August 15th at 6:00 pm. in the multipurpose room. More information will be sent home during Band Camp.
Band Camp Lunch Payments and Information Coming Soon.
Symphonic Band Students (Marching Band)
Advanced Symphonic Band Students (Marching Band)
Color Guard Students
Band Camp 2019!!!
August 1st - 2nd (Color Guard & Drumline Only) - 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
August 5th (Freshman Only) - 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
August 6th - 9 (All Students) - 8:30 am - 4:30pm
August 12th - 16th (All Students) - 8:30 am - 6:30pm
August 20th & 22nd (All Students) - 5:00 pm - 9:00pm
Rodriguez High School
Band Camp is crucial to the Entertainment Unit’s success. During Band Camp, the students will begin to learn the music and drill for the upcoming season’s competitions.
COST: The cost to cover Band Camp is $400 and will be credited towards your total Fair Share amount of $650. Checks should be made out to Rodriguez Music Boosters and deposited in the Booster mailbox in the band room (include students name to ensure proper credit). Credit and Debit cards are accepted. You can also pay online here. There is a small convenience fee added to the payment.
Marching/Guard Shoes (if needed) are an additional expense.
IMPORTANT MUST HAVES FOR BAND CAMP:
Be sure to have the following forms from your Marching Band Participation Packet completed:
1) 2019-20 Agreement for Team Participation (Required)
2) Sports Physical Examination Form (Required)*
3) Inter-Scholastic Sports Emergency Card (Required)
4) Concussion and Head Injury Information Sheet (Required)*
5) Sudden Cardiac Arrest "Keep Their Heart in the Game" Information and Fact Sheet (Required)
6) "Prescription Opioids: What You Need to Know" Acknowledgement of Receipt (Required)
7) Parent/Student CIF Heat Illness Information Sheet (Required)
8) Volunteer Personal Automobile Use Form (Required if volunteer driver)
9) DMV Authorization for Release of Driver Record Information (Required if volunteer driver)
10) Student Personal Automobile Use Form (Required if student drives self)
11) Student Alternate Transportation Form (Required if student does not ride district-provided transportation)
*MANDATORY SPORTS PHYSICAL AND CONCUSSION INFORMATION FORMS:
IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU SCHEDULE YOUR STUDENT FOR THIS PHYSICAL AS SOON AS PRACTICAL. ANY STUDENT THAT DOES NOT HAVE THEIR PHYSICAL FORMS COMPLETED ALONG WITH THE SIGNED CONCUSSION INFORMATION FORMS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE UNTIL THEY ARE.
$400 check made payable to Rodriguez Music Boosters (or you may pay by PayPal here).
Check for Marching Shoes (may be combined with band camp check or you may pay by PayPal here). Required for freshman; as needed for returning students.
Tennis Shoes and socks (required).
Instrument and supplies needed for your instrument.
Water Bottle / Hydration backpack you can refill throughout the day.
SUNSCREEN, SUNSCREEN, SUNSCREEN
WATER, WATER, WATER.........We always need lots of bottled water. Anyone wishing to donate a case of water during band camp can drop it off at the band room.